Saturday, September 11, 2010

CX - We need more Cowbell Cross

Burgoyne Woods, St. Catherines, ON
September 11, 2010


Hot Day, Hot new Bike, Hot Course....HOT!

Cowbell Cross IV (now known as Jump the Cheeseburger) opened up the Southern Ontario 'cross scene this weekend. The course was super fun. The park is pancake flat and the corners were like butter, which kept it fast. With a little loose single track to keep you on your toes. Sadly there were no cheeseburgers or jumping, all the practice for naught!

The race went well, I started pretty fast, and was quickly into working my way through the M2s. I probably need to get better at my passing. I was playing it a little safe, and waiting for the straights to pass, next time I will shout it out a bit more. The last lap and a half turned out to be a little rough. I started getting the heat pricklies, and lost a bit a focus. This made for some sketchy moments in the corners, but I managed to keep it upright somehow.

I was racing the new
Stevens Carbon Team frame, with the sweet Scorpo Wheels, and Continental tubulars. I am continually amazed by the Stevens bikes. The new bike really allowed me to carry a lot of speed through the corners, and covered up for a few of my sloppy lines. The full carbon bike is a plush ride for sure. The bike is so fast that I scare myself in the corners, like a new knife that is so sharp you almost cut yourself! Love it! A huge thanks goes out to Vince at the Cyclery and to Stevens Bikes Canada for setting me up for the season.

Next weekend I am stepping it up at the the Green Mountain Cyclocross weekend. Looking forward to the UCI fields and the Vermont scenery!

No comments:

Post a Comment